Wednesday, March 08, 2006

I knew this was going to happen!

Somehow I knew this was going to happen. I put my daughter to bed last night, and never got back to my computer to post anything. Oh, please forgive me, my poor blog.

Yesterday was a day of errands. Signed DD up for "Book Babies" at our local library. It's a 20 minute session of reading and songs and rhymes for babies under 2 years old. It's a little chaotic, but very cute, and DD just sits there taking it all in while sitting on my lap. Now that she can crawl, we'll see how content she is to stay put this time...Our friend from playgroup will be joining us this session, which will be nice.

After that, we went food shopping, which is always a challenge with DD along. I had to seek out new and exciting foods for her, since she has declared war on her jars of baby food and refuses to eat anything that she cannot pick up with her own fingers (except yogurt and pudding, for some reason, those are OK). I got some different kinds of beans, frozen peas, some fruit and veggies, some more yogurt, but basically I am at a loss--she's turned into a very picky eater. I dread mealtime, she wails and refuses to eat things I give her, I get frustrated and give in and give her cheese (her most very favorite food of all!). She cannot live on cheese, blueberries and mashed potatoes alone--these are the things she never turns down. Oh well, we'll keep on trying. Meanwhile, everyone keeps telling me how she's losing weight (which she isn't, she's just getting taller) and they all want to try to fatten her up. Good luck, I say, have at it! I really want her to be over 20 pounds when she turns a year so I can turn her carseat around--I know, selfish reasons, lol. Anyway, DD seemed to enjoy her trip to the grocery store and waved goodbye to each and every cashier and person in line that we passed. What a ham!

We also dropped off a package at the UPS store, but that was completely uneventful to even discuss. Today we are meeting our playgroup at a park for a walk--hooray! I so miss going outside for our walks, I cannot wait until it is warm enough to go out every day. I just realized that we are supposed to meet in an hour and I don't have her diaper bag packed and I need to dry my hair. So long for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home