Tuesday, July 04, 2006

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!

Hi all!

Wow!! It seems as if my contest has worked--I have visitors now :-) Come on in and make yourself comfy!! I'm so glad you all stopped by. I will be leaving the contest open until the end of July--good luck and pass the word! I am so honored that everyone has come forward with all their UFO's, WIP's, USO's and TOADS--for some people this is the first time they are putting that out in the open, and I, for one, am proud of you!

On our trip Sunday out to Wyomissing PA (what a lovely town, BTW) for a baby shower, I brought along my triangular shawl made from the Trendsetter yarns. I pulled it out after I sung DD to sleep in the backseat, and started to get busy. I figured in the 2 hour ride (which was longer than that thanks to NJ Turnpike traffic!) I could make some serious progress, even close to finish it. However, the yarn gods were not with me on that trip. About 1 1/2 rows in, one of the yarns came to a grinding halt and I pulled it from my bag--it is horribly tangled on itself within a yarn bra and I could not do anything with it while we were driving. I hope I am able to salvage it, the yarn was quite expensive and I doubt the same dye lot will be there when I go back--I can't even remember when I bought this project! Oh ladies of the yarn--please think of me as I detangle this yarn tonight--chant helpful and nice things for me, that the yarn and I will make it out alive and friends.

It was a busy day today--my parents came over and we all went to my SIL's house for a party--an all day party! It was a gathering of all the people going on our upcoming cruise in 10 days. We are going in celebration of my nieces 16th birthday, and it is going to be a wild time, I can tell! DH and I finally decided on one excursion--the America's cup race in St. Maarten. For DH, it will be a fun time, for me it will be in honor of my uncle--who would have been proud (and jealous) of me sailing on an America's cup boat. I hope I get to do something cool on there, like raise a sail or something equally important. Even more exciting is the prospect that it is a race and we will be competing against another boat--that brings out my competitive side. Ahh, now I just need to pack....................

2 Comments:

At 12:21 AM, Blogger Bianca said...

Good luck in the boat race. We'll be on vacation soon as well. I'll take some sock patterns with me to knit, have one in progress and I like that pattern...

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger kdy12570 said...

I'm currently trying to decide what to bring with me to knit while on vacation. I don't often get a chance to relax and knit with a 14 month old, but there will be plenty of people to babysit on board the boat with us (most of our family is going)! Have fun on your trip!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home